At the St. Joseph Township- Swearingen Memorial Library, you will find big city library services provided with a small town friendliness.
The library has a weekly email newsletter! If you would like to sign up for our newsletter, go to the "Wowbrary" link on the left and follow the instructions. The newsletters come out every Saturday. It announces new materials added during the week as well as upcoming events happening at the library.
The St. Joseph Township-Swearingen Memorial Library is pleased to be a part of READ. READ (Racial Education, Activism and Discussion) is a cooperative collaboration of Champaign-Urbana area public and academic libraries. To see upcoming events, visit the web site, https://illinoislibraries.wixsite.com/read/academics-1. You can also visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/readillinois/.
DID YOU FORGET TO TURN IN YOUR SUMMER READING PROGRAM LOG SHEETS? It's not too late to still get some prizes.You have until September 30th to turn in your log sheet and get your appropriate prizes!
The St. Joseph Township-Swearingen Memorial Library will have treat bags for all children who come by the library on October 31st, 9 to 3, whether in costume or not, until we run out. PLEASE wear your mask (ppe not costume)!
We are open our normal hours to the public with the following rules. If you have questions, please call or email us.
1. You are limited to 30 minutes or less a day.
2. You must wear a mask at all times. If you cannot wear a mask, please contact us to make arrangements.
3. Please use the hand sanitizer on the circulation desk.
4. There are marks on the floor to maintain social distancing at circulation desk.
5. Curbside service is still available.
6. Bathrooms and Water Fountain are NOT available.
We are offering curbside service for those who prefer it. Please read the rules below.
Curbside Rules—Please read!
1. Patron must call or email us with their request if they have not placed holds themselves.
2. Patron must call us when they are on the way.
3. Patron calls us when they arrive. PATRON STAYS IN VEHICLE.
4. Staff takes bag of items out to bench and sits bag on the bench. Staff goes back into the building.
5. Staff monitors bag from inside of building.
6. Patron gets out and picks up bag once staff are inside.
7. ALL RETURNS CAN STILL GO IN OUTSIDE DROP BOX, INCLUDING DVDS AND AUDIOBOOKS.
8. Please call the library if you have any questions.