At the St. Joseph Township- Swearingen Memorial Library, you will find big city library services provided with a small town friendliness.
The library has a weekly email newsletter! If you would like to sign up for our newsletter, go to the "Wowbrary" link on the left and follow the instructions. The newsletters come out every Saturday. It announces new materials added during the week as well as upcoming events happening at the library.
The St. Joseph Township-Swearingen Memorial Library is pleased to be a part of READ. READ (Racial Education, Activism and Discussion) is a cooperative collaboration of Champaign-Urbana area public and academic libraries. To see upcoming events, visit the web site, https://illinoislibraries.wixsite.com/read/academics-1. You can also visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/readillinois/.
We are open our normal hours to the public with the following rules. If you have questions, please call or email us.
1. You are limited to 30 minutes or less a day.
2. You must wear a mask at all times. If you cannot wear a mask, please contact us to make arrangements.
3. Please use the hand sanitizer on the circulation desk.
4. There are marks on the floor to maintain social distancing at circulation desk.
5. Curbside service is still available.
6. Bathrooms and Water Fountain are NOT available.
The library is offering temporary library cards during the COVID pandemic, if you live in St. Joseph Township and don't have a card elsewhere. This card is only good for e-resources. You will need to come in to the library, once we are open again to get your physical card to use for regular library materials. Please click this link for the instructions on creating your temporary card. Click this link for the ebook pamphlet.
We are offering curbside service for those who prefer it. Please read the rules below.
Curbside Rules—Please read!
1. Patron must call or email us with their request if they have not placed holds themselves.
2. Patron must call us when they are on the way.
3. Patron calls us when they arrive. PATRON STAYS IN CAR.
4. Staff takes bag of items out to bench and sits bag on the bench. Staff goes back into the building.
5. Staff monitors bag from inside of building.
6. Patron gets out and picks up bag once staff are inside.
7. ALL RETURNS WILL STILL GO IN OUTSIDE DROP BOX, INCLUDING DVDS AND AUDIOBOOKS (please put rubberbands around dvd cases and audiobook cases).
8. No fines or fees will be paid during curbside service. This minimizes contact between staff and the public for everyone’s safety.
9. Please call the library if you have any questions.