At the St. Joseph Township- Swearingen Memorial Library, you will find big city library services provided with a small town friendliness.
The library has a weekly email newsletter! If you would like to sign up for our newsletter, go to the "Wowbrary" link on the left and follow the instructions. The newsletters come out every Saturday. It announces new materials added during the week as well as upcoming events happening at the library.
To comply with the Governor's 'shelter in place' order, the St. Joseph Township-Swearingen Memorial Library closed on Saturday, March 21st at 3 pm. and is closed through May 31st, barring further orders from the Governor. The book drop will be open to drop your materials off, including DVDs and Audiobooks. Please put rubber bands around DVD and Audio cases to keep them from falling open. Fines will not be charged for overdues during this time. All items will be due June 7th or later. Don't forget that we have Overdrive (Libby) and Cloud Library available for downloadable ebooks and e-audiobooks. You can email the library to receive the ebook pamphlet or if you need assistance with this service. Susan, our Librarian, is reading a story every day on Facebook Live on the library's Facebook page.
The library is offering temporary library cards during the COVID pandemic, if you live in St. Joseph Township and don't have a card elsewhere. This card is only good for e-resources. You will need to come in to the library, once we are open again to get your physical card to use for regular library materials. Please click this link for the instructions on creating your temporary card. Click this link for the ebook pamphlet.
Starting Monday, May 4th, we will be offering curbside service. Please read the rules below. This is only to pick up items you have previously requested. No other services will be provided at this time.
Curbside Rules—Please read!
1. Patron must call or email us with their request if they have not placed holds themselves.
2. Patron must call us when they are on the way.
3. Patron calls us when they arrive. PATRON STAYS IN CAR.
4. Staff takes bag of items out to bench and sits bag on the bench. Staff goes back into the building.
5. Staff monitors bag from inside of building.
6. Patron gets out and picks up bag once staff are inside.
7. ALL RETURNS WILL STILL GO IN OUTSIDE DROP BOX, INCLUDING DVDS AND AUDIOBOOKS.
8. No fines or fees will be paid during curbside service. This minimizes contact between staff and the public for everyone’s safety.
9. Please call the library if you have any questions.