At the St. Joseph Township- Swearingen Memorial Library, you will find big city library services provided with a small town friendliness.
The library has a weekly email newsletter! If you would like to sign up for our newsletter, go to the "Wowbrary" link on the left and follow the instructions. The newsletters come out every Saturday. It announces new materials added during the week as well as upcoming events happening at the library.
The St. Joseph Township-Swearingen Memorial Library is pleased to be a part of READ. READ (Racial Education, Activism and Discussion) is a cooperative collaboration of Champaign-Urbana area public and academic libraries. To see upcoming events, visit the web site, https://illinoislibraries.wixsite.com/read/academics-1. You can also visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/readillinois/.
The St. Joseph Township-Swearingen Memorial Library announces it is EXTENDING its Winter Used Book Sale. The book sale will begin Monday, December 7th and will end Thursday, February 25th. We are not charging specific prices; all items are for sale by donation. Pay what you want to pay! There will be adult fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, science fiction, fantasy, horror, romance, adventure, biographies, crafts and cookbooks as well as children’s fiction, non-fiction and picture books. There may also be DVDs, videos, music cds, audiobooks and large print books. The sale will run during normal library hours. Please call to set up a time to bring in donations for the book sale. No donations will be accepted after January 17th. For more information please call 217-469-2159. Because of mitigations, we will only allow 1 person or family in the book sale at a time. Please call to set up your time to peruse the book sale.
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 20, 2020
WE ARE CHANGING OUR HOURS OF OPERATION!
Monday 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Please note the following changes to our COVID rules! We are open to the public with the following rules. If you have questions, please call or email us.
1. You are limited to 15 minutes or less a day.
2. We are limited to 10 people in the library at one time.
3. You must wear a mask at all times. If you cannot wear a mask, please contact us to make arrangements.
4. Please use the hand sanitizer on the circulation desk.
5. There are marks on the floor to maintain social distancing at circulation desk.
6. Curbside service is still available.
7. Bathrooms and Water Fountain are NOT available.
We are offering curbside service for those who prefer it. Please read the rules below.
Curbside Rules—Please read!
1. Patron must call or email us with their request if they have not placed holds themselves.
2. Patron calls us when they are on the way.
3. Patron calls us when they arrive. PATRON STAYS IN VEHICLE.
4. Staff takes bag of items out to bench and sits bag on the bench. Staff goes back into the building.
5. Staff monitors bag from inside of building.
6. Patron gets out and picks up bag once staff are inside.
7. ALL RETURNS CAN STILL GO IN OUTSIDE DROP BOX, INCLUDING DVDS AND AUDIOBOOKS.
8. Please call the library if you have any questions.